Edwin Francis Hatfield (1807–1883) was born at Elizabethtown, New Jersey. He was educated at Middlebury College and Andover Theological Seminary. He ministered at the Third Presbyterian Church of New York and the Second Presbyterian Church in St. Louis, Missouri. He then served 21 years at New York’s Seventh Presbyterian Church. He then served seven years at the North Presbyterian Church. He also wrote hymns and biographies.
St. Helena and the Cape of Good Hope; or, Incidents in the Missionary Life of the Rev. James M'Gregor Bertram (Paperback)
St. Helena and the Cape of Good Hope; or, Incidents in the Missionary Life of the Rev. James M'Gregor Bertram (Kindle)
Book list for Edwin Hatfield:
- Chapel Hymn Book, With Tunes; For the Worship of God (The) (1873)
- Church Hymn Book, With Tunes; For the Worship of God (The) (1872)
- Early Annals of Union Theological Seminary in the City of New-York (The) (1876)
- Freedom's Lyre: or, Psalms, Hymns, and Sacred Songs, For the Slave and His Friends (1840)
- History of Elizabeth, New Jersey; Including the Early History of Union County (1868)
- Our Ecclesiastical Polity: A Sermon (1856)
- Patient Continuance in Well-Doing: A Memoir of Elihu W. Baldwin, D.D.
- Poets of the Church: A Series of Biographical Sketches of Hymn-Writers with Notes on Their Hymns (The) (1884)
- St. Helena and the Cape of Good Hope: or, Incidents in the Missionary Life of the Rev. James M'Gregor Bertram of St. Helena (1852)
- Universalism as It Is; or, Text Book of Modern Universalism in America (1841)