Also called Miss Elizabeth Youatt, Eliza Coates, Mrs. W. H. Coates, and Mrs. Coates.
Elizabeth Youatt (1816–1879) was born in London, England. Her father, William Youatt, was an accomplished Professor of Veterinary Science. In 1851, she married William Henry Coates, who was Secretary to the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons. She wrote Christian fiction and short stories. She was a friend to Miss Ellen Pickering, another author, and completed her book, "The Grandfather," when she died.
Books by Elizabeth Youatt or Eliza Coates:
- Abel Grey
- Beautiful Island (The)
- Blind man and His Guide (The), a Legend of Danzig
- Dora Hamilton; or, Sunshine and Shadows
- Grace Dermott
- Hannah Lee; or, Rest for the Weary.
- How little Bessie Kept the Wolf from the Door
- Isabel; or, Influence
- Look Up; or, Girls and Flowers
- Mabel's Faith
- Margaret Browning; or, Trust in God
- Our Willie; or, Home Teaching
- Price of Fame (The)
- Reuben's Temptations
- Waiting for the Ship
- While They are Still with Us.