CHRISTMAS CHILD (THE)
The Christmas Child by Hesba Stretton.
Miss Priscilla Parry, a fiercely independent woman, runs a farm and takes adopted children. Inspired by the Biblical Christmas story, the children Rhoda and Joan have a habit of visiting the barn manger every Christmas looking for a child. All is well until one day Rhoda is missing, and a child in the manger? This story's spiritual theme is to forgive when it is hard to forgive.—Curiosmith (2012).
- Chapter 1 — The Coming of Joan
- Chapter 2 — Joan's Search
- Chapter 3 — The Child in the Manger
- Chapter 4 — Lost and Found
- Miss Priscilla Parry — the 60 year old lease owner of the farm.
- Rhoda Parry — the adopted niece.
- Joan — the orphaned child of a niece of Priscilla.
- Old Nathan — Priscilla's head servant.
- Evan Price — the man Rhoda went away with.
Luke 11:4—And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us.
Matthew 18:32-35—Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.