WORTH OF A BABY (THE)
The Worth of a Baby by Hesba Stretton.
Dr. Reed who liked gardening, employed John Ledbury to tend his garden. They had an argument about plants, and John was let go. John left town to find work and his baby became sick because of the stress, poverty and unforgiving spirit of the father. This story is about how a person's stubborn pride might affect those they love.—Curiosmith (2015).
- Chapter 1 — John Ledbury's Vow
- Chapter 2 — Forgive One Another
- John Ledbury — Hired by Dr. Reed to tend his garden.
- Rachael Ledbury — John's wife who had a baby.
- Susie — nine year old daughter.
- Dr. Reed — a kind doctor.
Ephesians 4:31–32.—Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.